Welcome to your Kickstart Communication Consultation Package.
Please complete the following steps to get ready for your appointment.
Step 1. Download and complete your Initial Communication Assessment
Email me your completed Initial Communication Assessment to Gail@raisingnonverbalchildren.com
Step 2. Record a video of your child playing (approx 15 mins)
Use your iphone, smart phone, camera, video camera or your webcam to film about 15 minutes of your child playing (ideally with another person). Borrow an iphone or camera with recording from someone if you need to! The video can be done all at once, or be recorded over a few sessions.
It doesn’t need to be perfect, here are some tips to make it easier for me to review the video.
- Use a tripod, or sit your camera on something steady if you can.
- Lighting – record during the day, and open the curtains to let more light in. Or you can record the video outside.
- Play with your child as you usually do. I want to see your child how they usually are. If you think it is helpful for me to see something in particular, you can record that too.
- You don’t need to edit the video at all – I want to see how your child interacts with you, not a hollywood movie!
- Try to ignore the camera, and if you can, try not to let your child know it is there (as this can change the way your child interacts with you). It’s best to avoid having someone holding the camera, as this can be distracting for your child.
Step 3. Upload your video to Youtube (preferred method)
Set the video as unlisted – this means only people you share the link with can see the video. Email me the link to Gail@raisingnonverbalchildren.com
If you cannot upload to youtube, please contact me for an alternative way to share your video with me.
Step 4: Book your appointment.
Click on this link to book your appointment with me: https://www.timetrade.com/book/QWN1L
Step 5. I will send you an email with the instructions on how to attend your appointment.
You will need Skype installed on your computer or iphone (or other smart phone).
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m looking forward to meeting you soon!